Indian snack recipes are some variety to make your tongue taste a different idea every day. However, they come with the addition of delicious spices. Therefore, the taste changes from time to time. We are here to discuss one of the famous Indian snacks, which is the bread Uttapam. The recipe is easy, and you can prepare this at home.
If you have any guest, who visits you without notice, this dish is straightforward to make. However, you can also prepare this with a pre-planned notion, for this is a yummy healthy and homemade recipe to follow. We are here to learn the steps to follow to prepare this recipe. Let us get into the topic.
Some Highlights To Keep In Mind Before Going With Yummy Recipe
1. Prepare a variety of snacks with just one loaf of bread.
2. A Sunday brunch with this uttapam recipe is a fantastic idea.
3. Additionally, it is a great yet indirect way to make your children grasp some healthy veggies.
The Ingredients To Follow
- Take two cups of idli batter. However, you can also go for a Dosa batter. You can prepare them at home, or you can purchase them from your nearest grocery shop.
- After that, take a medium-sized onion. Chop it down with fine slices.
- Take half a cup of finely sliced capsicum. However, this step is optional.
- After that, take one-third cup of finely sliced tomatoes.
- Then take two to three green chilies. However, make them finely chopped.
- Take your preferred cooking oil for some shallow frying.
- Take an appropriate amount of salt for taste.
Indian Snack Recipe: Directions To Make This Menu
The first and foremost step is to prepare the batter. You can make the batter at home, or you can purchase it from a grocery shop. After that, add salt to taste. After that, add water into this mix and stir it well. The texture should remain even, and this batter should give us a slightly thicker texture. However, it should remain marginally thinner than the one in idli batter.
Heat a pan and add a few drops of oil on the heated pan. Using an oil brush, spray the oil all over the pan. This way, it’s batter won’t stick to the pan. However, you need to repeat the brushing process before making every uttapam when the pan got ready to place the batter and sprayed it well. After that sprinkle the chopped tablespoons of onions along with the capsicums. After that sprinkle the chopped tomatoes along with the green chilies. Use a spatula to press down the veggies.
Try drizzling a little bit of cooking oil around the edges. After that, cover the pan with a lid. Prepare for two to three minutes. After that, gently flip the material. Cook it for some more time. Voila! Your one uttapam is ready. However, you need to repeat the process with the others.